Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just to catch up.....









So life has been up and down lately. All we hear about is how bad the economy is, well I am sick and tired of hearing about it! It has effected just about everyone, and I HATE it. The Lord is truly giving us a lesson in Humility and Faith and stretching us so very thin. People I deeply love have been hit hard by this economic crisis we are in. I have learned a valuable lesson, that material things do not bring happiness. I used to spend money and a lot of it. Stuff for my house, eating out with friends daily and new clothes. Now I am living on less than half of my monthly income, maybe even less than that! I am preparing myself for anything.

My older sister Melissa has been waiting patiently for her baby boy number three to arrive, he still has not made it here, but we hope it will be soon! I am excited to be an uncle all over again. In institute last night, Brother Richens made a comment that really caught hold of me. He said, "When the Lord blesses you with a Tender Mercy, despite the sins we commit daily, this is Grace." This is so true, we make mistakes everyday, but still the Lord blesses us with so much. One of the Tender Mercies that the Lord has blessed me with, is the bringing back an old and dear friend into my life. This friend knows who they are. I am so grateful we have rebuilt our friendship, this truly is a blessing from above!

2 comments:

laneyfamily said...

Good to see you today! Hey post some pics of your room with the paint! Love you lots!

Carrie said...

I hope it's who I think it is and if it is I'm so happy for you!

Looks like you've still been up to a lot of fun!