Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Baptism of Adam Frost



On Tuesday, April 15th, one of my best friends, Adam Frost was baptized into the Church of Jesus christ of Latter Day Saints. It was two months ago that he walked into the singles ward and asked to learn more... One Sunday, after Sunday School, as we were talking, this new kid introduced himself as Adam Frost and told us he wasn't a member of the Church, but was interested in learning more about the "Mormons." As we got to talking with Adam, I really saw his potential and really felt a stron impression that he would soon join the church. As time flew by, Adam met with the Elders and I fellowshipped. Soon Adam began to realize that he could not live without the Church. He was challenged by Elders to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and the principles they were teaching him. After one of the first times that he prayed, he received the answer from our Heavenly Father that he was to be baptized on April 15th! Adam loves the Book of Mormon. As with all converts, Adam was tempted and tried as his date of conversion neared. I thank Adam, the Elders, Sisiter and my Heavenly Father for the chance to be apart of Adam's conversion!!! I love the gospel, my Savior Jesus christ and the chance to become like our Heavenly Father.

10 comments:

Rachel B said...

JQ!! I love that you have your testimony on your blog, what a great thing to read when I am feeling down. I have a picture of you also, I will have to e-mail you.

laneyfamily said...

I am glad you have good friends to hang out with, there is nothing like a good time with good buddies who love good times!

Jamie Harker said...

I love the tie collection you must have. I only saw the Pink in Toronto, but this pale blue - may just have sealed the deal on my love for you! haha.

Unknown said...

That is so great! What a neat thing to be involved with! You little cutie by the way! Love the hair do!! :)

John and Melanie said...

HEY! I love Melissa (Lance is my first cousin)... Brian Mills is in our ward, neighbor, and law friend. His blog link is on my blog. I'll give him your blog address. We LOVE the Mills-

John and Melanie said...

PS I thinks that's funny you have Nicole and Devin "Shaw"... as opposed to Gneiting (or however you spell their last name)... Nicole is also my first cousin!

Brian and Lindsay said...

Quinner!! dude, how could i possibly forget you. yes indeed i got hitched, we're living in north carolina (i definitely ran in to elder gilreath at a stake priesthood meeting a couple of days ago) this is mission reunion week! it's good to see you're stayin' strong and sharing the gospel. you're the man. i'm glad we got back in touch!

Anonymous said...

JQ-
you are the awesomest! Go you!!! Wish i could of been there.. that would of been neat to see!

Camille said...

Hey JQ, congrats on your friends baptism. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It helps so much to hear about other people who have been through this, and that it's really okay to be happy again. It's been a difficult week.

Anonymous said...

dude! this is adam. and they really just poured a huge pitcher of water on me and said i had been baptized.... those punks. those arent even pictures at a baptism. they are pictures from a funeral.... wonder how that dead dude felt about your actions. haha! love ya bro. you have been a huge part of my testimony and you kick butt dude!
talk at ya later bro