Monday, December 8, 2008

Trip To Salt Lake City!!!!






This weekend, me, Kyle and Shelley, a.k.a. the "Road Trip Bandits" made another mini trip to Utah. Shelley received three tickets to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and asked us to attend with her. We left Friday afternoon and arrived in Salt Lake City late Friday night. It is great traveling with both Kyle and Shelley because they are so easy going and in no rush to get or go anywhere.

We stayed with Shelley's friend Quinn right in Salt Lake. Her apartment overlooks the Gateway Mall downtown close to Temple Square. We all slept in the living room on blow-up mattresses and had a great time watching movies and talking. Saturday we slept in and then Kyle made us the BEST egg mcmuffins! We attended a live session at the Salt Lake Temple. Words cannot and will never describe the Spirit that I felt there in the House of The Lord! I had never been to a 'live" session of an endowment session and it was the greatest experience ever!!!! The artwork and detail in exquisite in every sense of the word. The feelings I received here in the Temple I will not ever forget!

After the Temple, we saw the lights on Temple Square, then went over to the Joseph Smith Building to watch the new Joseph Smith movie. Later that night I was able to meet up with Jaime Harker, a friend I met at a business trip in Canada this past March, we all went out to Applebees to eat.

On Sunday I met up with Jess and ate lunch with her, sorry I know, but she had some really great advice for me and I needed to hear it. At 5:00 pm we all met back up at Quinn's house and went to the Christmas Devotional, we sat pretty close to the front of the Tabernacle, I could see President Monson. What a fun trip, full of laughter, playing the "If" game and singing to our favorite songs. Thanks Kyle, Shelley, Jess, Quinn and Jaime for a memorable weekend in Utah!

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

I am glad that you had so much fun. I am sure the live sessions are amazing. Its good to have great friends who you can have fun with. Thanks for going to Ross and Walmart with us today and taking care of Ava, I really appreciate all that you do! I love you.