Friday, December 11, 2009

Broken Things to Mend.....


I have felt like this broken and beaten down man for so long. I never knew what it meant to allow myself the time and ability to deal with things past and enjoy things present in my life. My perspective has all of the sudden been changing, I am growing and becoming something beyond myself. A dear friend told me that "pain is A messenger", listen to your pain and hear what it is screaming to you, to your spirit. This is the time for me to listen and listen with both ears, to hear for the first time those things I must now heal. Recognizing pain is hard and uncomfortable, yet it is an essential part of our living, growing and developing! I am loving who I am and all that I am. Time heals and for that I am grateful. There are so many wonderful and dear people in my life, their lives and stories have brought so much peace and joy. Our ability and desire to change however, must come in our own time and way. If there is something in your life that is asking to be fixed, something just screaming to be mended, please do it now, it cannot wait! Each life is precious, unique and individual, this is the joy of the journey.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Well spoken friend! Live each day to the fullest and have no regrets. As hard as it may seem, happiness is available to everyone! You are love, never forget that!

Meg Shaver said...

Justin. WOW. is all I can say. You are so right and I have learned a lot from you and I continue to learn from you. I am so lucky to have you as my best friend!