Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


It has been a few days since my Mother's birthday, but I wanted to offer a tribute to her. She is a wonderful and incredible person, sister, mother, friend. Her laughter and sense of humor light up the room and people flock to where she is. I would say that I get my loudness and fun personality from her. She is amazing in every sense of the word. Her faith is unwavering, unshakable, fearless.

I remember a time on my mission, I had been out about a month and I called home. I was ready to come home. I was frustrated with a sick companion, being locked-up in our apartment and with the work. I know I was not supposed to call home, but I did, just to hear my mother's voice. She re-assured me I would be okay, that I would be able to work miracles and to forget myself and serve others.

Her willingness to serve others astounds me. She is a woman of great pride, and will NEVER turn down an opportunity to help another in need. She is a true leader in every aspect of the word. She has a huge heart. These are just some of the many reasons I LOVE my mother!

4 comments:

sq said...

thank you justin for those words of love. I am so grateful that you have chosen me to be your mom I love you dearly and would do anything for you. You give yourself to little credit you are a strong soul who has great wisdom you bear a testimony of missionary work The lord loves you more than I think we can comprehend never forget that when you don't think he is there beside you he is carring you believe you can do anything with him as your guide all is possible i love you always mom

sq said...

Justin, thank you for those words of love. I am grateful that you have chosen me to be your mother You give yourself far to little credit you are a true leader and an example of true missionary work you I am always impressed with your willingness to share your testimony how i wish i had such courage remember when you don't think your Hevenly Father isn't there beside you he is carring yoy always remember that and you will be able to bear allthat comes yoyr way just believe I love you always no matter what mom

sq said...

Sorry I didn't realize that you had to have visual approval before you post your comments. Still love you! by the way, this is mom

sq said...

That is such a nice tribute to mom. I know she loves you very much. Thanks for sharing that with all of us.