Tuesday, September 9, 2008

They accepted my offer....

My new house!!!


So last Friday I sent in a counter offer on my house to see if they would come down a few thousand dollars on it. Since it was over the weekend, they had until 5 p.m. yesterday to accept or counter my offer of $135,000. So as you can imagine, Monday was a long day for me. I would check my phone and my e-mails to see if Shelley had left me a message about my house. On the offer, we gave them until Sept. 8th to counter my offer or accept it. If they did not respond before 5 p.m. the offer would expire. So five o'clock rolls around and I hear nothing. I was pretty bummed, then at about 5:15 my brother-in-law Lance calls me to say they had accepted my offer! I just about dropped to the floor!!!! The original asking price was $139,000, and I got it for $135,000. My closing date is September 30th!

I am looking for a fridge and a washer and dryer. If anyone knows of someone who is getting ride of these items, PLEASE let me know!

7 comments:

Lynnette said...

How exciting! You have to invite us over when you move in so we can see the bachelor pad.

laneyfamily said...

congrats- I am happy for you-sleepover at Justins with the kids!! Ha Ha

Kristen Levandusky said...

Congratulations, Elvis!

Camille said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. I can't believe how much house prices have dropped. When we sold our last house it was 1040 sq ft, and had a trailer park running threw the middle of the neighborhood... We got $155k for it! You got a great price.

aubri said...

Hey dude!!!!!!! I love it, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is it? Thanks for checking my blog out. We need to do lunch very soon, i'll call mel and get something figured out.

Jeff and Laura said...

JQ That is awesome. I am jealous of you. Isn't blogging great. You find out all kinds of things about people you haven't seen in a while. How the heck are you?

nicole said...

congrats, so where's the new place at? i'm so happy for you:)