Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rafting down the Payette River






So I have the greatest group of friends who are willing to do just about anything and take on any adventure. There were about 50 of us who took on the Payette River. We met up at the church at 4:45 pm and drove to Banks. We had about 6 large rafts and many eager rafters, just ready to jump right in. We had the best raft and the most fun people: me, Kyle, Sarah, Tyler, Mike, Jessica, Iris, Kyle Butterfield and his girlfriend, one other girl and our guide at the back of the boat. I decided to ride the "bull" which is the very front of the boat, right in front of all the action.

The beginning was slow, but it picked up shortly. With each rapid cam more and more excitement and screaming. We were the "pirate" raft and voted the most "Savage" by all the other boats. We would close in on another raft, jump in and push them all over the edge. We laughed and just had the greatest time telling jokes. We were ruthless in wanting to soak everyone else, and we did just that. There were a few times that the size and strength of the waves knocked me flat on my back an into the raft, like I folded in half!

There was a raft full of about 6 girls and 1 poor guy. One of the heaviest girls in their raft fell out and they had to pull her back in. She was beginning to panic as she floated down the river. As this skinny little guy attempted to pull her in, he began to choke her and he grabbed onto her life jacket and began to pull. She was not going to come easily, he pulled and pulled, and we laughed harder and harder, this was so funny! Finally he got her onto the side of the raft and she was flopping all around trying to get back into the raft, I seriously laughed so hard. When we got out of the river we enjoyed greasy chicken, brownies and watermelon.

6 comments:

Megs said...

I miss you and Iris. We need to all go to dinner sometime soon. :) Holla!
Megan

Anonymous said...

It's not about the river anymore...

Melissa Snyder said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I sure love rafting that place especially when you have fun people to raft with. Iris, what a fun girl! I am glad you have a great group of friends.

Shaw Family said...

Oh it looks like you guys had a great time! It is fun to see who and what is going on in the singles ward. Have you seen Brian? How is Iris? Oh the memories we all had!!

laneyfamily said...

You are crazy- you couldn't pay me enough money to raft down the river. I am glad you had fun laughing at others expense! I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

Shaw Family said...

Sounds like a plan to me! Maybe we can get a whole bunch of us together and do dinner one night. I will talk with Trina and see what works. I know she is gone next week but maybe after that we can!!