Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer trip to Stanley Lake





This past weekend we had a Beard Family reunion at Stanley Lake. My mom is so great to reserve the exact same camping site for us for the past 10 years or so. It is at the end of the road, the last two, right on the sandy beach overlooking the gorgeous mountains. My mom seriously has the entire week perfectly planned, from fun activities to the yummy food to the clean-up and take down, we sure do love you mom for all of the hard work you put into this!

There were so many of us that it was often chaos, but we always had a good laugh around the campfire at night watching Grant master the art of popping Jiffy Pop popcorn over a fire!!! I got plenty of sun sitting out on the beach all day. It was soo great to come home and shower and wear clean clothes. For those of you who know me and know me well, I hate getting dirty!!!

2 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Thanks for a fun time. We loved the camp trip too. I am so glad that the boys did as well as they did. Thanks for your help. We love you!!!

Lynnette said...

I am trying to figure out what gang sign is being flashed in the first pic. Looks like you all had fun, maybe one day soon I will be able to consider vacationing again! Come by and see Kaden when you get a chance.