Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I hate being sick.....


I have had a terrible cold for the past few days and I hate being sick more than anything! I would rather have the flu than a sore throat and a runny nose, it's the absolute worst. Life has been hectic lately, work, family, friends, all of it. I am trying to find a balance in juggling all of these aspects of my life. I am so thankful for friends that are a support and give great advice. I was having a conversation about "religion" the other night with a friend and he told me to "not give up something you know for something you don't know." As I was driving home, I began to really internalize what he said and thought, what is truth and how do you know you've found it? Truth is exactly what I am searching for and wanting so badly.


My depression is getting worse and I was just about to give up last week. For the last twelve years I have continued to wonder why I suffer from depression. No doctor or medication has made it better for me. I am waiting to see Dr. Hoopes, a well-known psychologist here in Boise and I am hoping that he has the answers and solutions I am looking for. Late one night I received a phone call from my best friend who is at BYU-Idaho and he offered to drive to Boise for the weekend just to be with me, I was blown away at his kindness and friendship. We spoke for about an hour and he gave some great advice and helped calm me.


My sister sent me this picture of Keaton in his new bath towel and it made me SMILE, I am so grateful for my little nieces and nephews and for their innocent spirits. To my family, I truly do love you, and I am also very thankful for good friends that continue to help me get through this difficult time in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quinner,
You're quite the blogger. I hope you're feeling better. I have a lot to tell you and maybe you need to get more sunny down in CA:) Take care.
Jason

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog. You have a beautiful family! Hang in there.