Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gratitude...

I was reading another blog today and it really caught me eye. The article was on the importance of having gratitude and being grateful for what we already have. We find that we are always wanting more and never satisfied with what we have been already given.

Gratitude

"Gratitude requires awareness and effort, not only to feel it but to express it. Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love...Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence."

I loved this quote because it made me think of all the things in my life that I am most grateful for. A few days ago I called a good friend's mom just say how "grateful" I was for her raising an amazing son that had a tremendous role in helping me realize the importance of the Gospel in my life. It was because of his friendship that I decided to get active in the Church again, and over a period of time the Lord allowed me to see the goodness that lies within each of us. I will forever be thankful to my friend for helping me find the happiness I had been missing!!!!

Just some of the things I am Grateful for....

My family

The two amazing sisters that I have, and their husbands

My Father in Heaven

My Savior Jesus Christ

Good friends

My health

Sunshine

Keaton, Andrew, Ava and Madalynn

Sleep

Laughter

Freedom

The Atonement

Forgiveness

Prayer

Faith

What are some of the things that you are most thankful for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin~
You are simply amazing and I am so glad that you let me know about your blog.

As I read this I think about the great friend that you were and still are to me. You are such an excepting person of everyone and your love of life is great. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend.

I will check this often! Keep in touch love and miss you!!

Melanie

Justin Quinn said...

Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!

I freaking miss you!!!! I miss your laugh and movies and popcorn at the drive-ins in Parma!!!! How are you? Thank you for always being there for me!!!!! I am good most of the time, and trying to find out what I want in life, I will get there though. How's our trailer coming along? There is still space on the back of my parent's property!!!! Well I love ya and have a good day!!!

JQ