Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I hate going to the doctor....

Today I went into my family doctor to have my depression medication regulated. Last night I had a conversation with a close friend that really set me off. It had been about a week since I had last heard from him, so I decided to send him a text message. I jokingly asked him if he had gone off and finally found a girlfriend? His reply back to me was "why, are you freaking out because I have been unresponsive to you?" I was completely thrown back by his remarks. It's just little things like this that seem to throw my depression into overdrive. Stupid I know, but so real all at the same time. I tried to not get mad at him and simply apologized for wanting to be a good friend and get one in return. I am always the one to apologize it seems, even when I have nothing to apologize for. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

So back to my doctor's visit, she told me that there is better medication out there for me so that I can get back to a life of normalcy, I wanted to believe him, but so much of me just wanted to shake her and say, "I'm always going to be depressed!" I know that it's wrong of me to think this way, but it is just the way that I have thought for the past 12 years as I have tried and tried to cope with depression. She also advised that I go and see a Psychologist for further testings. I have never been fond of telling my sob stories to a complete stranger. Has anyone out there had a good experience in seeing a Psychologist? She also told me to cut out all of the sugar in my diet and EXERCISE!!!!!!! We will begin today with some of the changes she advised and see what happens in the weeks and months to come.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That exercise thing works... I always feel so much happier when i work out. It is also a great way to channel your frustrations! You should start to run so we can do a race together! I have loved it!! I have lost 17 pounds since moving back to utah! I wonder if that means i am more frustrated! Ha!! Love you! Comment on my blog and give me your e-mail so i can e-mail you some pics!!

Anonymous said...

I love you Quinn!!! So excited you have a blog so I can catch up constantly on whats happenin in Eagle! I like what you've done on the page! Love ya talk with ya soon!Oh and exercise...yup its good!

Jodi Miller said...

jq! You are an inspiring bird! Sugar was the first thing that I had to cut out on my road to being worry and anxiety free. I will have to tell you the whole story sometime. Hope to see you soon, my friend.
*j