Monday, September 17, 2007

What we really want out of life

These past few weeks I have really thought about our purpose here and what we are to obtain. What are we to obtain? What kind of person do I want to be? These are some of the thoughts and feelings that I have. As I stated in my very first post, I have suffered with depression for years, it's something that I have become comfortable with, but hate it altogether. I have often wondered, "why do I have depression, and what did I do to deserve such a horrible disease?" As I have studied and prayed, I have come to realize that my depression is apart of me and it is apart of who I am. I was truly inspired to create this blog as a way to express my feelings into writing. Many people are probably wondering why I would share this with everyone? Well, I have been silent for way too long and I want to be a tool in helping others talk about theirs. I believe that we are given trials to test our faith and devotion to our Father in Heaven. It is in our trials that we come to know who we really are and what we are capable of overcoming. If you read this and suffer from depression, or have any advice to share, please share it so that others can be liberated from theirs.

We can be an inspiration to anyone and everyone!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing Justin!! Hope you know how much i love you!! You have been an inspiration to me the second we met in that elevator at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It had to have been fate. We were meant to meet and become such good friends! You made my move to Boise so good, you will never know how much that meant to me by you just reaching out your hand to me! You are the best!!

P.S- i miss you and your laugh!!

Justin Quinn said...

Jess,

I freaking love you to! I to know that we became friends for a reason! I hope that you will read my blog often and that it may be a source of strength to you! Have the best day ever and I miss your brown tooth! So funny!!!!!!